Saturday 6 October 2012

Extra-Curricular Activities

Many people always criticize me for the intense work schedule I have. I have at least one extra curricular activity after school every weekday as well as off-school classes I attend to enrich myself further in learning. I also volunteer from time to time as well as catch up with the latest episodes of my favorite television shows. This semester features most of my open courses, resulting in a more relaxed time table. Consequently, I participate  in more extra curricular activities to use up spare time. At the student activity council fair in the beginning of year, I signed up to be on the mailing list of many clubs and teams that fulfill my interests. This consists of: medicine club, law club, glee club, engineering club, computer club, free the children, science club, astronomy club, DECA, debate club,  math club, chess club, model UN, and so on and so forth. Unfortunately, I do not enough time to participate and commit to these activities. In addition, the clubs I was most intrigued were all clubs that required an application process. Once the rejections from these clubs started to accumulate, a schedule of my extra curricular a began to take shape. It was not long before I started taking part in these extracurricular activities. At first I felt like I did not belong to this open group of people. Hoards of students, both big and small, crowded the tiny classrooms. I felt like I would not o much at these clubs so I decided to leave some and try others.

I highly encourage everyone to take part in as many extracurriculars as you can. It is a great experience and it opens new doors to life changing opportunities. Join councils outside of school too. Make a difference in this world. Ask yourself everyday, what can I do today to make sure I go to sleep in a more improved manner?

Even with extracurriculars, it is still very important to prioritize school work. Make sure you are completing your work and just go from there. I hope all student readers will have a safe, happy and enjoyable school year! :)

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment