Monday 22 October 2012

Commute

Honestly, the worst part of school is not the workload, rather the amount of time used to get there. As the school year goes by, the value of time increases, and thus the value of the time wasted can be a great burden. I spend 40 minutes every day to travel to school and back. It gets exhausting as the amount of workload begins to accumulate. Not only does travel take 40 minutes, but waiting for the public transportation to arrive can also be challenging. Sometimes the bus is 10 minutes early, and sometimes the bus is 10 minutes late. My bus is an uncommonly used route, and it comes every half and hour or so. In the case where I miss the bus, I have to use up another 30 minutes to wait for the next one. I am always pressured to arrive early for the bus. At least ten minutes early or else I have to risk waiting another 30 minutes. I constantly ask myself, is it worth it? Using up 10 minutes everyday so I wouldn't have to waste 30 minutes occasionally?

Commute is always troublesome. The price for the tickets can be very hefty too. Especially for the commute in my area, the prices are phenomenally more expensive than the region we are next to. Listen to me when I say, that if you are ever deciding between which school to go to, always consider commute as a priority. And if the school you do want to go to is far, always consider living in that area. These are big decisions and sacrifices you have to make, but for education, it's all worth it.

I used 50 minutes everyday on commute. There are 200 days in a school year. That totals to an outstanding 10 000 minutes every year on transportation. 10,000 minutes used. 10,000 minutes wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment