Sunday 16 September 2012

Homework Tip #1

One of the most stupidest mistakes I have ever made while doing homework is not putting my name on an assignment. Something crucial, and yet teachers rarely inform students to do so. Always put your name on the assignment. Fortunately for me, my teacher identified the work as my own, however deducted 5 percent from what was originally 100%. If I had written my name beforehand, I would've achieved my first perfect assignment of the year. Now, I always write my name before any further continuation of work.

The funny part was the assignment that was given. We had to COLOUR MAPS! I invested so much time. I outlined each and every country with a 0.3mm fine liner. I coloured each and every country, not leaving a single speck of white. I even coloured the bodies of water, something that was not mandatory. I believe at least five hours were spent colouring maps of each continent. When the five percent was deducted, I was shocked. I was about to burst since so much time of my life was used up. To reiterate, Always put your name on the assignment.

Don't let the amount of effort you put on an assignment, affect the way you feel about a mark. It's only your fault if you miss out on something expected. The mark you get, especially on a colouring assignment, will be the mark you deserve. Don't let competition, perfectionism, or anything else hinder yourself from improving your work habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment