Saturday 29 September 2012

Coping with Failure

Failure is a part of life and is completely inevitable. There is no special formula or magic potion that can all of a sudden erase failure from your life. No one is perfect, and at some point of life, failure will hit you in the head. Depending at your level of vulnerability, it will take time to recover from the void as a result to failure. Most people are at maximum level of vulnerability when arrogance and achievements become habitual. When you win every game, are successful in an application, or perfect each test, this streak will end. In order to deal with failure, you must be aware that you got to lose to know how to win.

Just remember, that no one is perfect. But in order to achieve near-perfection is by failing. Failing is both a good thing and a bad thing. It has negative reviews because it is an obstacle in life. No humans like the failing.Being happy about failure simply isn't part of human nature. However, if you are a person with good intentions, failure can be converted into complete success. Failure is just another way to improve and get better. It is one of the biggest innovators of dreams and goals.

Five things to remember when you want something

  • failure is an option
  • failure is not a bad thing
  • no one is perfect
  • try your best and no regrets
  • often times, things will come your way
This may sound depressing, but believe me when I say, that if no one gave you this cliche speech, who knows what you might do when failure hits you.

My school is immensely crowded. It is full of prestigious programs and the school has a good reputation in the province. As a result, I am constantly competing with the smartest people in the region and this can get very tedious. Due to the large student body, I have to file an application for every extra-curricular I am a part of. At my previous school, I was the top student. I won every award, had the highest grade average, and I was an executive member of the numerous clubs I was a part of. Now that I am in a higher field of education, I am open to a lot more competition. I never realized these invisible people who are all better than me. I got my hopes to high when I applied to be in clubs such as DECA, Model UN, etc. and unfortunately, rejection hit me hard. I hope that all of you are aware that failure is an option. My recoveryfrom that rejection phase was hard to pursue. Out of the 5 clubs I applied for, only one accepted me. Now I am determined more than ever to make the best of it. 

From the words of Aerosmith's Dream On.

"You got to lose to know how to win"

No comments:

Post a Comment